Building a Successful Company Together
This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector heavy construction projects. Knowledge of PennDOT, heavy construction, and athletic fields estimating procedures including take-offs, price estimating and bid package preparation and submission a must. .
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
- Review drawings and specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
- Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Utilize existing cost history to complete estimate.
- Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure estimated costs are accurate.
- Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the local market.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development and Granite standards are met.
- Participate in and/or lead Design-build projects to ensure a high quality estimate.
- Obtain quotes for material and subcontractors.
- Submit documentation and try obtain bids regarding MBE/WBE/VMBE requirements.
- Attend Pre-bid Meetings and run bid packages to destination
Education and Work Experience
- Ideal Candidate will have Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent related work experience.
- 5+ years heavy construction estimating experience
- 3+ years project management experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.),
- Experience with Masterbuilder or Sage Contractor Software
- Advanced knowledge of Estimating software
- Experience with PENNDOT, PennBid, and Federal Bid Searching
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MBE/WBE/DBE/VMBE requirements
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
I-9 - Eligibility for Employment Form or H1-B Sponsorship Verification
Child Abuse Clearance*
State Police Background Check*
*The following Clearances are required for certain prevailing wage jobs, specifically school districts within Pennsylvania. Candidates must present the clearances or obtain during the application process in order to be considered for employment.
Negotiable based on experience
Email the following forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
WG Land Company Application
Letter of Recommendation from Previous Employer
List of Jobs obtained from Successful Bid Packages you put together